Tuesday, June 9, 2009

do as i say not as i do

i have a problem. it involves me not putting the lid on tight of anything. nothing, people. spices are my favorite to leave the lids on loose but everything is given their fair turn. it drives mark CRAZY!!! i can not tell you how many times i have had the "it is not that hard to put the lid on tight" lecture. still i persist. not sure why. anyway. a few weeks ago we were driving home from church and we took the long way to see if the lilac gardens were in bloom. as we were driving home, i kept getting a whiff of something that i couldn't put my finger on. well i turned around to the back seat and lo and behold, our laundry detergent (we do laundry at our friend's house) had spilled all over. this was not a small thing of laundry detergent. it was the costco sized kind. the kind that costs 17 dollars and does 1 million loads. this kind:

and it was ALL over. mark was not pleased. i kept saying, "how are we going to clean this up?" and he kept saying, " you mean, how are YOU going to clean this up??" then i got the lecture and then we got home.
here is a semi close up but it does not show the depth of the spill. lots of detergent
looking great
here is me having no idea how to clean it up. what would you have done??
amazed at how cool i am
mark, mad in the front seat. hahahahaha. so, we had to take it to the car wash. and 85 ,000 quarters later it was presentable. there were SO many suds. it was ridiculous. i guess when they say "super concentrated", they mean it. i think i learned my lesson.........except i have had the lecture 2 times since.

15 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

I have the exact same problem! Oh and it makes Josh so mad! I also have problems with putting big things on little shelves, sticky syrup bottles blah blah blah...

aniC said...

welcome to marriage...the place where your "problems" are realized...but you're loved anyways.
at least it was laundry detergent and the car will smell good. i once drove a guy home and he put a not tightly closed bottle of grape juice on my back floorboard. for the rest of the time i owned that car, i smelt grape juice when it got rainy/humid/really hot/pretty much anything else.

Christensen family said...

I bet your car smells sooo good! Just tell Mark not everyone gets a deep cleaning like that all of the time!

Candace said...

Yeah, but have you ever spilled oyster juice on your bedroom carpet really close to your bed? That's a stench that is unrivaled and never dissipates.

p.s. Don't ask.

Marnae said...

Oh sis, we are one and the same. Remember how it was motor oil for me? Now that shiz does NOT ever decide to leave once it has been dumped in your car. I love you and I love Mark being so mad about it all. Sorry Mark it is genetic and unfixable.

Elle said...

oh! oh! Linnea I have the same sticky syrup problem! What is the big deal?? so your hand sticks to it? now what?

Elle said...

PS. I bet the car smells sooooo good.

Jackson said...

your hair is so long!

Robyn said...

Ya, I was just thinking how convenient it was for you to spill something so fragrant. I think Mark should've been thankful for that and maybe left it at 1 lecture. :)

Aren't we lucky they love us anyway?

I Jump said...

4 days ago, one of my patients decided to hand me her urine speciman, but DID NOT FIND IT NECESSARY TO SCREW DOWN THE LID! Needless to say, my scrubs got a bath when the jar tipped in the handoff. PLEASE PEOPLE, TIGHTEN THOSE LIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I feel dirty again just thinking about it. I'm going to go take another shower now.)

Sydney said...

That made me laugh so hard! Glad it cleaned up and I bet it smells good :)

J said...

Olive has never been so clean or smelled so fresh! I can picture the Mark lecture...while using the little pink massager thing...and it make me laugh!

Julia said...

That is the best story I have heard in a long time. Husband tantrums are the best--I can always expect a lecture about how we need to leave our windows open in the morning to let the cool air in, then shut everything up (including curtains!) around noon. I mean, this is EVERY YEAR I hear this. Multiple times each year, actually. Well done with the detergent, though. That's classic.

ArringtonZoo said...

Your hair is getting so long! So pretty. So when are you moving to Utah?

pilgrimchick said...

That section of the car will not need to be cleaned for decades.

This happened to me with a full bottle of Windex.