Thursday, May 10, 2007

delicacy, my eye

this shouldn't surprise you but once upon a time, i took my friend mark to the temple and on our way home we decided to stop and get some food. we went to a mexican restaurant called rio grande. my friend mark thought that it would be cool to try the frog legs. let me tell you....it wasn't. imagine sitting there and the waiter brings out your delicious plate of mexican food and then you glance at your friend mark's plate and see four frogs who have been decapitated at the waist!!!! it was so sad. of course my friend mark had to talk about the cartilage and toes he was eating and the taste. so then he dares me to taste them. i can not resist a dare but oh how i wish i could.
so i tried them and this is the face my friend mark made, like ewwww. and it was ewwww. it tasted like chicken and fish mixed together in a buttery dipping sauce. sick nasty. chicken and fish and buttery garlic are not best friends.

then my friend mark chose to laugh the night away about how cool he was for ordering frog legs and to laugh at my face and frantic water drinking. all i can say is good luck finding a ride to the temple sucka.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe frog legs would sound yummy if they weren't called frog legs. and if they weren't made of actual frogs' legs.

i might barf.

Steve said...

Frog legs are great. One of my favorite meals I had in Paris!!!

chelle. said...

hi megan.
i hope you remember me.
i'm sure you do.
how can you not?
hahaha.
just wanted to say hi...and happy blogging.

Megan Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Andrea said...

listen steve, i dont think that you understand that chicken and fish should never mix....EVER and food should not resemle happy hopping legs. the end.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joy said...

I might say...I was very, very impressed with this post...especially your teasing of Mark.


When I was 7, my 10 year old cousin got to fly to the very exotic city of Cheyenne to go to the rodeo with my Grandma. She ate froglegs while she was there and told me all about the flight and the froglegs. I was very, very impressed with the exoticness of it all.