Wednesday, April 2, 2008

stoned

this shouldn't surprise you but i am sick again and not with mono. I am one lucky girl. so you all get to hear about it. on friday night i woke up with horrible pains in the middle of the night. i as up for a long time and then i finally got them under control and went back to sleep. all weekend i felt a little sicky but not too bad and then monday morning the pain was back something fierce. i knew something was not right so i called into work and made an appointment with my doctor. she thought i might have a ruptured cyst so i went on my way to get a sonogram with some heavy pain pills. after the sonogram, i took the pain pills and then the pain came back with a vengeance right when mark got home from work and i said, we need to go to the hospital. so off we went to the er and i was ushered in and out on some heavier pain pills that did the trick while they tried to figure out what was wrong with me. turns out, i have kidney stones!! what the? they are awful!!! so i stayed in the er for a good 6 hour and had various tests and then was sent home around 11. well around 2 am, i was in the worst pain of my life so i called mark and he came over and off we went to the er again. i was barely coherent but i got some morphine and fell right to sleep and then around 6, they wanted to admit me but i asked if i could go home with some stronger pain pills and just take it easy at home and they let me. so i am recovering. mark is taking care of me and the pain pills are working (mostly). so if this makes no sense, it is because i am in a drug induced haze. so i will not be at work this week.. again. i swear i have never had this many things wrong with me and all in one month!!!! sucky. here are some super pretty pictures from the er.
my sweetie with his hot new haircut. my view of him in the er. he is a good nurse!

16 comments:

Marnae said...

Sucky sucky B. Sorry no one deserves all this crappy stuff less than you. I love you and hate those stupid kidney stones. I have heard the pain is worse then labor adn trust me labor is bad. Hope you get feeling better soon. Love

Mauri said...

Mjeg! I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. I wish I could do something to help. I love and miss you so much. Feel better!

Carrie said...

I know and feel your pain I had two of them about 5 years ago and thought I was going to die. The ER could only dope me up and tried to flush fluids through me. Sorry you went through it and hope you are feeling better.

Heather Michelle said...

OMG! I knew you would take pictures in the ER! At least you look pretty in that hospital gown and your hair looks wonderful!..and I can't believe you took drugs....shame shame :) miss you

Anonymous said...

my dear,stoned little lamb. i am so sorry to hear of your latest malady! so, what happens now? are the stones coming outta there? take it easy, and if it is any consolation, i agree that no one ever looked lovlier in a hospital gown than you.
love,
em

Anonymous said...

awww...i am saddened by your latest ailment. when will the healing begin?

and, i'm happy for you that your nurse is a striking young man rather than a wheezy old hag. lucky.

M. Elle Ehrlich said...

Feel better soon!! But look at the bright side, if the aforementioned comment of "...I have heard the pain is worse than labor" is accurate, then labor will be a breeze for you. Always a silver lining...As a rather evil sidenote, however, I would have liked to see you on morphine.

Joy said...

Hope you are feeling better. I've been meaning to text to see how you've been feeling. I'll probably be over tomorrow to pick up the stuff we didn't bring over on Tuesday.

aniC said...

i feel your pain. well, not right now, but previously. it's the worst pain in the world. my mom even said it's worth than giving birth. yikes.

MAnderson said...

Those pictures of you 2 would've been cooler if you had motor-boated....even in the er.

but no....you didn't.

Alexis said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well! I've heard kidney stones are really painful! We will have to get together again when you are feeling better!

M to the E to the R to the I said...

Megan! How crappy. I am so sorry. You nurse is hot though.

Tabitha said...

Dude, I' ve been there and everyone is right, they are SO much worse then Labor. So, good news you can have a baby with no worries! Good luck, keep the fluids coming and stay strong!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your life right now! Maybe I rubbed some bad luck onto you when I was in D.C. in Nov. Steve had a kidney stone last spring and it was NOT a good time!!! He thought he was going to die!!!

I just accidently ran into my neighbor's garage door a few days ago and now we have to replace it . . . does that help at all?!!!??

LOVE YOU!

HeatherK said...

you POOR THING!.. I've heard those are soo painful! I hope you get feeling better real soon!

Holly said...

Megan... I got your blog from Emmy.... I was so excited to see you on here! YOU POOR THING! I had a kidney infection and I thought I was going to die. But I could not even imagine passing kidney stones. I had my baby natural and I still think what your going through would probably be worse. Feel better soon... I am so sorry to hear.