Friday, May 16, 2008

catch up, ketchup, catsup

this shouldn't surprise you but i have a lot to catch up on! this will be a long post so if you are bored, just scroll to the bottom. there is some interesting stuff there. first things first:

heather's good bye parties (and troy)
my darling heather left NRECA to move to sunny san diego with her bf troy since he is in the coast guard and apparently he wants to guard a different coast. so they are gone and we are so sad. i miss her everyday at work but am so glad that we got to be friends. one of our co-workers don, threw a big going away barbecue for her. best food ever.
mark loves to be dragged along to work functions. what a sport.

for our last party together, we went to kit and josh's house and had bruschetta past and played games. this is the obscene amount of tomatoes kari brought. there was one more bag. yum!!
they all got chopped into these tiny pieces. we used teamwork.
then we played games and ate and were sad about heather leaving :( booo.

living with the nelsons
so i moved in with the nelsons for a few weeks until my new place was available and it was the greatest!! here is a spontaneous dance party. i just loved darci's fierce face in this one.
and cubbie was like, "yawn", these dance parties happen all the time

jimmy's birthday
this nelson boy had a birthday. so there was a party with good friends and we played in the park.
eating pizza

ben has decided to close his eyes when i take pictures. doesn't stop me.
cub making treats. rice krispie treats in a frying pan....awesome

busboys and poets

so, we went to this poetry reading thing and it was so awesome! i was hesitant at first but i loved it.
this was love the poet. she was the featured poet but then there was open mic as well.

u.s national women's soccer game vs. canada

with dave and annie
they are freaking rad and so entertaining to watch
except sometimes i get a little bored and choose to annoy people.
big news
in a haiku (for em)
he asked me to wed
"what a great idea", i said
hope to see you there
sorry about the sausage fingers(not part of the haiku)

no details on the proposal. won't be as special if i share it all with you.
we are getting married on august 2 in the manti temple. then leaving this land of virginia for greener pastures.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell Ya!!!... but let's move the date up like 3-4 days.

Ben Smith said...

Meg, ... the most important news of YOUR LIFE. and you burry it at the bottom of the post! Tricky Devil.

Lex said...

CONGRATS MEG!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

. . . just like you to slyly mention your engagement!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your ring is gorgeous--- good job, Mark!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Meg! I love the ring.

Aaron said...

Congratulations!!!! He seems like such a great guy. Based on everything you have written about him I think I may have a little crush on him. ;) He sounds perfect for you. The ring is gorgeous.

Marnae said...

You are engaged and I love it and you did a long post and I loved that and I talked to you this morning and I am sorry I was so out of it(damn sore throat) and you didn't love it. Meg I am so excited for you and Mark. I love you. Mjarn

Matthew Selman said...

Congratudamnlations. About damn time to stop keeping this secret. Love ya, dammit.
M.A.S. II

Lynsie said...

Holy Crap Meg!!!! I am SO excited for you!!!! I LOVE the ring! So original. Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

So exciting! Will and I were just reminiscing about how we had dinner with you guys and Shalise and roommates (more than a year ago) and were wondering when you'd finally join the ranks of the married. Congratulations!! I need more details on where these greener pastures are that you have found.

aniC said...

i loooOOOOooooOOOOOve the ring! beautiful! i'm so excited for you guys. marriage is the best, if you like having the man of your dreams around all the time (c:
congrats!

Tabitha said...

shut up shut up! I knew the two of you would get married. Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

ArringtonZoo said...

Yay! Your ring is frickin' awesome. And what the shiz? So where the heck are these greener pastures dang it!. I would hope and pray that your talking about friggin' Utah dag nabbit, but frankly the pastures aren't all that freakin' green out here comparatively. Congrats!!!

Matt and Marn, the above post is to remind you of the correct way us Mormonites curse. We try at all costs to avoid Gentile swearwords and invent our own that are equally offensive.

Robyn said...

Megan! I about cried seeing your pictures. It has been waaaaay too long girl!
Congrats on your engagement! Keep in touch!

Robyn (USU)

www.monsfamily.blogspot.com

Holladay Duplex said...

I WONDERED WHY YOU WERE FISHING FOR ADDRESSES...ummm...I mean, you are sending me an invitation, right???

Congratulations!! I'm so, so, so happy for you-- and your ring is gorgeous!

Greener pastures = San Diego, right??

Alexis said...

Congratulations Megan! I had a feeling that's why you wanted the updated addresses! I'm so excited for you! I love your ring!

J said...

Yay! Sheesh I have been waiting for this proposal forever! PS good choice on the ring Mark, it's so so pretty! See you next week!

Anna Linnea said...

COngrats!!!!!! I love the ring! I have been checking your blog for this forever!!!!! See you in August!

leslie said...

so last night mark taylor was all, hey blodge guess who's getting married.
yup, i guessed right.
congrats, grad!!
xoxo
leslie

Julie said...

YAYAYAYAYAYYYY!!! I mean, it was never if, but when. I love you and I love you both. Will you both marry me? There! Two marriage proposals in one week! I have a cracker jack ring to make it official. Hope to see you at club eat tomorrow! I want to gush and hear stories of love.

Janie said...

So Laura calls me the other day and says, "when were you going to tell me about Megan?" and I said, "what are you talking about?" and Laura says, "oh you know her engagement!" and I say, "no I didn't know!" I can't beleive my sister and your dad chatted about your engagement before you and I did! Anyways we are so way happy for you guys Megan! Congratulations. Will you please return my phone call soon! love ya Janie!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!
my best cat shirt is ready.
i want to trade rings.

that is my haiku in response to your awesome haiku. hooray! you will have the wedding of the century!

Jami Broadbent said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! Love the ring.

Shanna said...

um yeah ... thanks for leaving this to the very end of your post! I almost didn't make it there :) I guess that's what I get for not ever looking at blogs and being out of town. CONGRATS!!!!!

Dani said...

Congrats!!! your ring is beautiful!! send us an invite girl!

Joy said...

I can't believe I didn't post on this before now. Congratulations, congratulations!

Heather said...

Megan-
I am stalking your blog and about peed my pants with excitment! Congratulations on the engagemnet. Great choice of temple. I best be getting an invite!!!!!
Love-your long lost cherry plant lovin', trailer park stayin', Payson girl Heather "G" Shuler

M to the E to the R to the I said...

Yahoo! We'll share anniversaries! I am so happy for you!