Tuesday, October 14, 2008

furniture!!!

our furniture is finally here and we are loving having somewhere to sit besides our bed or the kitchen table. so here it is. i made those pillows and was thinking they were pretty cute until we had mark's friend over for dinner and he said, " oh going for a southwest theme huh?" well, not the look i was going for so please tell me if it looks southwest to you.

so here is a close up of the pillows.
southwest?
here is one of our three new lamps! totally on sale!our old bookcase in a new locale
coffee table...obviously needs some decoration. oh and the shaggy rug that is so soft
one of our 2 end tables.
the view from the couchi hung up these plates that i have been wanting to hang for awhile in the "dining room".
is this too circular? see the pumpkin for fall and the table runner my mom sent us. thanks ma.
now onto the guest room. here it is from the hallway. those are the curtains i made. still debating so i have not made the others yet.
the guest bed. very comfy so plan your trips soon.
and a fairly dark close up of the curtains. sorry.
and here is the fabric... just so you have a better feel. should i make the others or just bag these.
so to recap, i need your opinions on the southwestness of the living room, the curtains and the roundness of the plate display. thanks!

13 comments:

Dkole said...

I love it all personally. You have fab style. Go for it and trust your taste. You are doing a great job.

Anonymous said...

I think everything looks amazing!!! Good job, Meg!! The pillows are NOT southwest in theme-- maybe he was just noticing the colors. Boys are retarded anyway.

leslie said...

the plates are too circular and the curtains are too curtainy. admit it you should give up sewing so that you can just blog all day and make me laugh.

jessica said...

Great finds. Someday I want new furniture. Everything is coming together so well. I've been collecting plates for my plate wall for a while now... I should just do it! Yours looks great.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear iggy giving it straight. Sad that she stole my comments. But yeah, the room is not really southwesterly...looks cozy/good. The plates are too circular...maybe the walls too white...somethings not working... not sure. The curtains...can go and nobody would miss them... especially the clown sitting outside your window at night smearing white and red make-up on the glass whilst trying to look in. ;) (like the lamp and guestbed)

J said...

Don't listen to Dave, I think it looks fabulous and totally you! Glad you are making Spokane feel so homey!

J said...

And...why would a clown hide outside your window when he could hide in your shower?! :)

ArringtonZoo said...

Love the furniture! Pillows are not southwestern. Love the plates but not so sure about the way they are hung. Maybe the guest room curtains just need to be flat not ruffly. I think that you could achieve that by taking off some of the lenght horizontally so that they don't bunch. Just an idea, but who am I to give you decorating advice? My house looks like a train carrying lots of papers, children, books and random foreign souvenirs hit it.

Julia said...

The pillows are totally NOT southwestern. Guys don't know about stuff like that. I love them. And I'm now stalking your blog.

Jessica said...

my plates are circular like that, too, but i think i have a couple more and they're a little tigher. will have to send you a pick. i think everything looks great. love the pillows.

Jami Broadbent said...

so cute. so clean. so NOT southwest.

pilgrimchick said...

I was so there ten months ago--that was when I first got furniture myself in this new apartment. In fact, I didn't even have a kitchen table to sit at in the meantime. I don't think the room looks particularly "southwest" to me. In fact, it may be more the style of the pillows--how you sewed them--than the fabric. I like it.

Annie said...

I LOVE your house...the pillows are not Southwestern-y (don't know what that friend was thinking) And I love the plates...keep 'em just how they are!