Sunday, October 19, 2008

weirdos

oh my gosh we are so weird. seriously. the other day, we cleaned the house and it took a while because it was dirty. it looks clean in pictures because i shove things out of the way. anyway...mark vacuumed out new rug and all the shag was neat and orderly and so pretty looking. then i went in to dust and i stood on the rug and mark was all sorts of mad about it because of my ONE footprint. so i climbed over the love seat and on to the couch and dusted the rest of the furniture while he vacuumed my footprint out. now i find that we are walking on the furniture instead of the blasted rug. what the?! still no footprints but come on!!
this one is just about me. i think that i think i am a pioneer. i am all about baking and cooking and sewing and the other day, i needed butter so i went to the store and thought, i bet i can make butter cheaper than this. seriously, i am NOT A FREAKING PIONEER! so i looked it up online and started shaking my cream into butter. do you have ANY IDEA how long that takes? REALLLLLLLLLLY long and your arm gets tired and you tell yourself how stupid you are about 1 million times and then make your husband finish up and then see the fruits of your (or his) labor and taste it and realize it is not that good and you are not a pioneer.
weird dorks, that is what we are. ps. i got a job. kind of. it is a temp job until christmas so i can go home for a long time. yee haw!!

6 comments:

Mauri said...

You're funny and I love you and I want to hear about your new job!

Jessica said...

Use a mixer to beat the cream into butter next time, silly.

Sara said...

Dear megan.

I was going to tell you to use your fab new kitchenaid for the butter making but jessica beat me to it. my kids do it on accident rather regularly when they are trying to make whipped cream. the end.

your exroommate.

ArringtonZoo said...

I love you. Will you please move back to Utah? I made applesauce the other day! And to top it off, I did it the old fashioned way, with a hand crank musher thing. No, I'm not really sore. Remember that shirt that I used to have that said "Utah Women are Tough" and it had a picture of pioneer women on it holding rifles and standing over a dead deer? I dream of that shirt. I long for it. By the way, you can make butter in your mixer sweetie and it is quite quick and quite fun. You add a bit of salt and it is quite delish. I've done it in my bread mixer.

ArringtonZoo said...

O.k. I am not a very smart person, I see. Other folks have already told you about the butter in the mixer thing...uh o.k. bye now.

Lynsie said...

Oh Megan. You just made me laugh. HARD!