Monday, November 3, 2008

i am very important at work

today, i took meeting minutes. i didn't understand a word of what was being said. then i typed up the notes and sent them to my manager. here is the email chain
my email
Angela CashonProduct Configuration Tech Supportext. 27839
From: Megan Smith Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 2:20 PMTo: Angela Cashon

Subject: I don't know what I am talking about

Here are the extraordinary minutes from today’s meeting. Hold on to your hats!

and hers
The last three items on Megan’s notes are very important. Do you think she takes us seriously? I’m starting to wonder……..
and the attachment

Team Meeting 11/3/08

There has been some confusion on how to display plans with no coinsurance but a deductible and how to display the out of pocket maximum (OOPM).
· Therefore, we are not going to display the OOPM anywhere.
· If it is there to quote, it causes confusion to members.
·· In the State of Alaska- the deductible is OOPM.
· Starting today if you are building in the build tool, put n/a for OOPM
· · Change on main cost shares to n/a.
· We should rename the buddy audit tool-citizen’s arrest
· We need some get out of jail free cards
· More lame insurance jokes and laughter
· Blah blah blah
· Snore-me.

i expect to be unemployed by the end of the night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you delight me.

Julie said...

what. i hope this is not a joke. you are my hero. HERO.

Marnae said...

seriously, they are the luckiest company in america. I wish I had a company and you could come and work for me and send me emails and take minutes. I miss you

HeatherK said...

hello Megan.. your new place is so cute! I want you to come decorate my house... do you mind flying over? Your blog always cracks me up! you and your sis are such fun writers!

Jackson said...

your rapist wit never fails to make me laugh. your new work sounds like a big, mysterious insurance text message.

J said...

You are awesome and I'm sure they love you over at that boring insurance place...way to give it a little life! No, we are not going to Virginia for Christmas since plane tickets are super expensive and I could only go for a few days because the end of the year is crazy busy at my office. Shucks. We'll probably try to go out there sometime in the spring. Hooray for you getting to spend a long time at home!

Joy said...

I love your new blog look.

Sydney said...

Meg! You are hilarious! If only every company had honest employees to tell them they are boring! They would probably get more accomplished in their meetings.