Saturday, November 22, 2008

bright

so it has not been hard for me to figure out that i am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. i mean seriously, all i have to do is examine my day to day life and the looks that mark gives me like "seriously, did you just do that?!" well i am used to it but i think others are not. there are some present examples like the fact that i think i am an expert seamstress now and the fact that i think i am good at decorating our house. ha ha. also remember how i tried to be a pioneer and make butter? seriously, who does that. well let me tell you about some past stupidity, oh man. a lot of them involve my bff linnea but i am sure most of them were my ideas since she is bright and lovely. instance 1. when linnea and i were about 11 or 12 (maybe older but i will never admit it), we braided out hair together since she was so blond and i was so dark. it looked cool. then we walked around for awhile like that and then (here is the really idiotic part) we decided to jump on the trampoline!!!! oh my lands the pain. seriously, not the brightest bulb. instance 2. also involving linnea. we used to take sunday drives all the time. and we would always go in our sunday dresses and ridiculous shoes and we would always get into some sort of pickle, like our car high centered and us miles from anywhere. or our car trapped on an icy road with a cliff looming right where we are slipping. then riding with a family also out for a sunday drive to help. the dad of that family made the mother get in the very back so linnea and i could ride in the front. nice guy. instance 3. one time i left my towel outside to dry. when i went to look for it later, it was gone so i stepped out to get a more thorough look. the door slammed shut behind me and locked. oh and did i mention i was NAKED. yep. buck. it was great. especially when i had to climb up onto our deck and in the blazing lights coming outside into the dark from the kitchen, i knocked timidly while crouching to hide all my personals. oh man. however, the look on my mom's face-totally worth it. ha not really worth it but awesome nonetheless. and all of this leads to my current state where i do idiotic things daily or bi-daily if that is a word. however, it is often. my other pioneer experience involves making tomato soup. yes instead of opening a can when i wanted grilled cheese and tomato soup, i decided to make it. 4 hours later, it was bubbling happily on the stove. 4 HOURS!!!!! i had to freaking peel and seed the tomatoes. and it took 12 of them. TWELVE!!!! oh and did i mention the soup was not good at all. mark lied and said it was but a pioneer can tell when people are lying. .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you weren't so busy being a pioneer, maybe you could write and publish a funny, witty book of your crazy "bright" life adventures. You've certainly had enough to pen . . . and you have the catchy way of putting it down. New York Best Seller, for sure!

Oh, and I get a cut of the proceeds. ;)

Joy said...

Oh thank you, those stories were awesome.

Marnae said...

Thanks for reminding me why I love you and that our gene pool is totally, I mean totally, flawed.

Julie said...

holy cow meg, me and mark are sitting here reading this blog and we couldn't breathe from laughing so hard for like an hour. You are hilarious. Please write more day-to-day/bidaily stories.

Also I tried making tomato soup and it was disgusting. And it cost me like 12 dollars and it was not worth anything. All I really wanted was the andy warhol same old.

Anna Linnea said...

Did you really have to mention my name in that blog?! No I love you and laugh daily about our dumbness. I think there must have been something in our water growing up. I still get those looks from Josh as well. :).

Julia said...

Excellent stories. Jumping on the trampoline with braided-together hair was my favorite one.

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Oops I'll try posting that comment again!

I loved the story about being on the deck buck naked (or necked, as we say in Utah). See, you really are a Domestic Goddess, because you haven't lost a towel since then, have you?

Jenny said...

You have friends now don't you? I don't buy it that you don't.

You are Megan the Temp!! That makes me happy. Did they keep you after your precise minute keeping?

Pillows Southwest NO French Country or Tommy Bahama but not even look at everything else in the room...Southwest...

Pretty Megan and Hairy Beard. I likey.

Braided hair and trampolines, naked and having mommy get the door. How do you do it?

Let's Play when you come back to the ol' beehive state....the only day that doesn't work for me is Jan 13th I'll be havin' a baby that day...so let's get together after Christmas asap please. Please. Please.

ps Butter? Really? Did you add salt? Butter? Amazing

Robyn said...

Great stories! you crack me up!

Lori said...

You just don't know how happy you make me! Why do you keep disappearing from my life? Now that I have your blog to read, I will be the most content little lady on the blog. Your hilarious!! And I didn't know (but shoulda) you were so talented! I really need help in the decorating dept and i LOVE your style so please come visit :) and in your spare time make me a little bag - so cute. Megan I love you and I;ve missed you! Please lets stay in touch! sorry you don't like spokane, are you there forever? update me a bit :)

Lori said...

hi it's me again! So i just spent the last 40mins or so reading your older posts - so fun. I love you house, really can you come help me? Also I LOVE, LOVE you wedding pics. They are so pretty and you look so pretty (even in real life), and the reception looks amazing. Wish I coulda been there. How long have you been in Spokane? It's SO hard starting over. I say you have to give it a year. True I still hate, well really dislike, Cleveland, but I do have friends that I love dearly. And are you kidding me - you're the nicest gal I know, soon you'll be everyone's bff :) oops I read that you hated those emoticons. i didn't know they had a name before :( ha ha! okay this is the worlds longest post, but i don't know your email or do I? Hmmm oh well take care and write back! loves