Tuesday, October 9, 2007

the myth is real



this shouldn't surprise you but I love lake powell. it is so beautiful and while there is the contoversy of to drain or not to drain, i am happy with it's lake status. if that makes me a bad person environmentally or whatever, then i really mean that i like it as a dry desert. ( i am totally politically correct always) well once upon a time, elv and dave and matt and i went on a tour of lake powell in this boat cruise thingy and all i remember from that cruise was the tour guide telling us about fish at the bottom of the lake that were the size of volkswagen buses. that is a big fish and it freaked me out enough that i convinced myself it was a lie. that is what is do when something is hard to handle. well today i got an email that brought my fears to the surface again..... behold.
that is a huge fish!!!! it is nowhere near the size of a vw bus but oh man it is big enough to make me want to stay in a swimming pool for the rest of my days. can you imagine if that brushed against you while you were wake boarding, or swimming or tubing???!!! can you imagine it if you were helen keller???!!! eeek!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ew.

Marnae said...

creep-ay. So the poor guy on the left looks like he is about to lose it. It doesn't help that the stud on the right seems to not be struggling at all. Sick. How much did that puppy weigh?

J said...

One more reason my fear of swimming with fish is justified...even though I'm sure it's a photoshop job!

Dani said...

Megan!! How are you?! Now we're linked, which pretty much means BFF. :)

Mauri said...

SICK!!!!!

Joy said...

That's pretty awesome.

Sydney said...

I got that picture in an email as well... That makes me gag! YUCK!! This is one reason I have a fear as well of swimming in lakes, ponds and rivers!