Thursday, December 4, 2008

insight

marriage has offered me a more personal glimpse into the life of my darling mark. it is funny to notice new things about him all the time. here are a few
  1. he does this little hum thing under his breath a lot. i ask him what he is humming and he is like, "i am not humming. what are you talking about?" but it's it there, promise and it is cute.
  2. he is the most thorough cleaner i have ever met. he scrubs our floors until they shine and our dishes are sparkling (no dishwasher ugh). in fact, when we do the dishes together he will rinse and will look at a dish i have cleaned for inspection and will toss it back into the sink if it is not to his high standards. so now he is the washer while i rinse and dry. this cleanliness also carries over to personal hygiene. he practically scrubs himself raw in the shower. it is amazing. also his hair. shampoos and conditions so thoroughly. then when he dries off, wow. i have never seen anything like it. i love it.
  3. he talks to himself. he denies this up and down but it is true. believe me. also he makes really cute hand gestures as he is writing emails to people as if he is having a conversation. darling.
  4. he likes to make fun of me. this is nothing new and if you read the last post, can you blame him? but i will ask him what he is laughing at and he will always say "i wasn't laughing?" i think he likes to make me look crazy. so he is more of a liar than i thought because he IS laughing.
  5. remember my worries about our primary class and the beard? well have no fear. the class is in love with him. in love. even the boys. i will talk and they will be off in their own world and chatting and he will start to talk and they all snap forward, become still as mice and look at him with reverence and love. it sucks.
marriage is fun.
i like having someone to sleep with. if i move in the night he always pats me to make sure i am ok. funny.
i also like having our own place and our own stuff. our own messes and our own little life. i finally feel like more of an adult. especially with my funny little husband.

13 comments:

Shanna said...

Awwwww ... you guys are so cute!! I love it.

Julie said...

You guys are in loooove. Lovin it. I especially love that he pats you to make sure you're ok when you toss and turn.

Marnae said...

This post is the most romantish(german)thing I have ever read. You guys are definately purrfect(kitten) for each other. It brought a little tear to my eye. No one in this land deserves to be happy more than my little moogley. I love you and I love Mark(now even more than before). You are definately the beautiful one in this family and the smart one and the funny one and the awesome one.

Anna Linnea said...

What a cute little couple you are! I am glad to hear that Mark is taking care of my little maggot salmon (wow I haven't thought about that name is a LONG time).

Anonymous said...

funny!
i learned a lot of things i didn't know about my husband beforehand too.
and i'm totally with you on your last little paragraph!!!

J said...

I love it! I think one of the best parts of being married are all the little things and funny little stories that only I know and he knows. I'm so glad you're loving the married thing and that you found such a great "cute lil guy!"

Anonymous said...

ewwwww. awesome.

kj said...

Loved your post, marriage is pretty grand, especially when you can be good friends and just laugh at each other. I am just so happy for you. I just think the world of you. --I too would love to get together over the holidays- there is nothing better in the world that familiar friends and good laughs and great food.Lets try hard to make it work. loveya-kj

leslie said...

how can you make gestures while you are typing an email. how is that possible? how many hands does this guy have? and in an unrelated manner, but related because it is also suspicious, remember how we had a date to gchat and you stood me up? real cool meg, real cool. and a 3rd topic of suspicion: pioneers. how did they have time to do all that if supposedly they were spending all their time walking, and giving blessings to oxen, and pushing and pulling handcarts. was time measured differently for them? something doesn't fit...

Lauren said...

So cute! And I absolutely agree - marriage is the best! We're going to Spain for Christmas with my family. We leave in two weeks! What are you guys doing? Oh, and as for coming to visit, you're on.

Darin said...

As a former roommate, I could have told you a lot of that stuff, like the humming, talking and cleaning. The explanation on the shampooing and whatnot explains why his showers were so D A M N long.
And, I'm sure he really loves that you put this all online for the world to see.
And thank goodness that soon enough I won't have to deal with other peoples' messes than mine and Mel's.

Dani said...

I love that you love it. I highly recommend marriage to everyone. It's very satisfying.

ArringtonZoo said...

ah, that makes me fall in love with MY husband. Not that I was out of love or anything. It's just cute to see you so in love. It reminds me of all those little things that I love about my husband even after ten whopping years. Ten years! You will love it. Stay in love always.