Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the sun will come out tomorrow

well friends on the quest for beauty i have had yet another hair brained idea. you see, my hair is the bane of my existence. it is a pain to flat iron and it is so blasted curly, i always look like an infant. what i wanted was those loose pretty curls that most girls seem to be able to do. so, i went and bought myself some rollers. the curling iron was working but i was afraid of all the damage being done and the time it took, so of course in my peas sized brain, rollers were the answer.
my friend had these rollers for her daughter and they produced really pretty curls in her hair so i thought i would give them a whirl so i went and bought some and lo and behold, wound them tightly
posed for a few picture so you could all be jealous of how cute i am with no makeup and rollers. all i can say is good thing mark married me because hello, not so cute. anyway, on with the rollers. want to see the results of this brilliant idea??!! behold
side view=hot
front view=hot
back view=hot

so the moral of this story is that i have brilliant ideas and everyone should rush out and go buy themselves some rollers. actually the moral is that i am once again and idiot. sigh.

10 comments:

M. Elle Ehrlich said...

Oh meg...don't worry, curlers were a good idea, just not THOSE curlers, go for a slightly bigger heat curler (preferably the ones covered in velvet) Put them in let them cool (but not totally) and when you take them out, you can arrange them with your fingers so that you don't have scary spirals...i'm a huge advocate of curlers, my hair is like 5 times longer than yours and I can have the curlers put in within 3 1/2 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Megan- I've heard that those really big velcro-like curlers work wonders on relaxing really curly hair. Just put them in with your hair wet and blow dry, take them out, then smooth with some pomade and your good to go. I have curly hair too, but it has relaxed a lot since I've had kids. Try it and let me know what you think.

Marnae said...

I have no advice. I am of the "never do you your hair and always look crappy so that when you do get gussied up people are impressed" opinion. The problem with you is that you always look muey fabulous. Even in the Nurse Ratchet shoes, I might add. Miss you and love you, even when you are vying for a position as the next Shirley Temple.

Jackson said...

i second the shirley temple reference. next time please pose with a giant lollipop in tow.

ps i love your normal curl. how can you hate it?

Brenda said...

I've always loved your regular old curls. My Meg's got them too. Too cute.

Lori said...

I think you look like you should be in Pride and Prejudice :) I mean come on who doesn't want to be in that movie?! pretty girl!

Rachel said...

is it just me or do those curlers look like large marshmellows?

Elle said...

Well, I'm obviously no help because I DID think all the pictures looked hot. And your normal hair is not "infant hair"! har har! You are a funny one.
~M

Jenny said...

you make me smile...and i loved the last few posts The Shirley Temple Shoes posts...freakin' love you. Rik reads your blog too. makes him smile. love that you get to work in the temple

Jami Broadbent said...

This cracked me up. I wish I could say I haven't tried the same thing. Blasted naturally curly hair!