Friday, June 1, 2007

geburtstag

this shouldn't surprise you but yesterday was my birthday. the big 2 9. i was not excited about it at all and all month i had been dreading it and decided to let it be low key and not really think about it. well.....that did not happen. on the day before, i, for some reason, decided to broadcast to my whole floor that my birthday was arriving. basically i got attention greedy. so the glorious may 31 finally arrived and i got up at my NORMAL time of 6:30 and got in the shower. when i got out, janelle was waiting for me with breakfast in bed!!!! i have never had breakfast in bed in my life. so... i climbed back in bed and ate away. then i got ready for work and went to work. i was anticipating a lot of loot so i drove to work. work was great. my company gives you a holiday for your birthday and you can take it any time. i opted to take it another time since i would have been home alone anyway. i am glad i went to work. all day,i got cards and such from the people on my floor. however, my department was a little absent and silent all day and i was getting a tiny bit suspicious. i got invited to lunch by a lady named phyllis for 1:00. at around noon, i got a call from my boss on the walkie talkie and he told me that he was having problems with work orders and he needed me to come down and talk to him. so i went with a tiny bit of trepidation and....they had a surprise party for me. it was scary and so cool. i scare easily and so the shouting was a bit firghtening but oh so worth it. they had decorated out whole conference room and ordered lunch so we all ate together and then i got presents. it was a lot of fun. i will post pictures of those festivities when i get them. then as i was packing up to leave the party and go back to my desk, i got a call from the concierge to come down to the lobby where i had flowers waiting for me. they were so so beautiful and from janelle, the best girl around. then i worked the rest of the day and carried all my loot home and when i got there, i had flowers on my porch and also the sister missionaries had decorated my door. it was so sweet. and i had mail from adriane! it was delightful. then i changed my clothes and went to the tyson's corner mall and got some makeup put on at mac. then i bought this little sweetie with some money from my parents. then i was off to meet my friends at p.f changs china bistro. yum yum. we had a delightful meal and janelle totally paid for me. she is like the best boyfriend a girl could want except she is a girl so that kind of sucks. seriously, boys need to take lessons from her on how to be the best boyfriend in america. here is the group of us, sara, annie, joy, me, mark, kelli, darin, janelle, and dave. after dinner, we went home and ate the birthday cake pictured above and opened presents and chatted and had a photo session. the picture below is representative of my squinty smiley eyes that annie and janelle felt they should try it out as well. although i was far from home this was a great birthday and i had to laugh a little when i remembered last years birthday and seeing the movie da vinci code and koley completely falling in the movie and spilling everything in her hands except her delightful hot dog from stadium cinemas in payson. she could not get up because of all the laughter and her pregnant self. so funny and throughout the movie, i would picture it and burst in to laughter. it was so funny! i also requested several songs to be sung by will and he totally came through i laughed until tears came to my eyes. i also got a sweet birthday song from brant and several from elv. lots of well wishes on my phone. and last but not leat, thank for the blog shout outs from janelle, meri, marg, and kole. thanks for the kind words ladies. happy birthdays are the best. this shouldn't surprise you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

has anyone ever told you that you look lovely in red? even at 29.