Thursday, September 27, 2007

they came!!!


this shouldn't surprise you but my parents were really here. these are the only pictures that i can get to work and it is making me so mad!!!! there are some great ones. so anyway, the parents came on wednesday and i picked them up at the airport and we went to dinner. yummy indian. then we went to hang out at my pad because we were tired. mark came over to meet elv and dave. they liked him. on thursday, i had to work so elv and dave hit the city and went on the tour mobile and saw the delights of our nations capitol. then we met at my casa and went to dinner with mark and ben. on friday, i took the day off and we went to arlington cemetery. then we went to the supreme court and to several smithsonian institutions and to iwo jima. fun. we were tired. on saturday, mark joined us for adventure saturday and we went to williamsburg. this place "did not turn my dad on". he was not a huge fan of colonial times. so we went to jamestown. also not a huge fan but he was a trooper. then we decided since we had come this far, we might as well go to virginia beach, so we did and it was great. we didn't have swim suits but it was still a good time. then we drove and drove to get back home and sleep. on sunday, i had a meeting for church so the parents got up early and went to the mall and then we met for church. after church we went to the temple and on a drive and then we came home and i made dinner and we played games and they packed and then early monday, i took them to the airport. it was a whirlwind of activity and so much fun. they were easy guests and became experts at the metro! love them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

they came, they saw, they conquered. i am glad that you had so much fun with your parents, i can only imagine how great it must have been! i am relieved to know that your dad is indeed, not, turned on by colonial times. because, ew.

Anonymous said...

i want to have a whirlwind weekend in washington with you.

Marnae said...

Meg...for the love of all that is holy you need to blog more. I feel so happy when you blog. You wit, your wisdom, your wise-acre comments. Yes I did just use the word wise-acre. I would have said wiseass but Dave thinks my mouth is too pretty to let swear words come out of it. Honestly though I am just commenting to tell you I love love love you and all of that stuff.

Anonymous said...

I think Dave is on to something. Maybe you could have him talk to Meg too.

Marnae said...

Mark this is for you... He really should, he really should. Her mouth is way prettier than mine.

Anonymous said...

I don't see how you went to iwo jima from VA in a day. I'm at my wits end here.