Thursday, November 1, 2007

great pumpkin

this shouldn't surprise you but i am done complaining. man alive has my blog been bleak lately. so no more of that. it will be sugary sweet and dripping with corny! everyone will love that. ha ha not really but i did want to announce that my luck has turned. remember last week was the week of dismal days and unfortunate events. well not so for this week. you see, i was the 3000th visitor to my stalking blog anitra!! she promised a prize but has yet to deliver so that might not be as good as it seems but still 300th of anything is cool. also this week for all hallow's eve, NRECA held a pumpkin carving contest. departments were supposed to participate but our department is lame so heather and i stole kit from government relations and we carved a beautiful pumpkin and we totally won third place!!!! so here are some pictures and since there is nothing more exciting going on in my life at this point, there are going to be a lot of them (pictures).
i give you the first place pumpkin...impressive.

the second place pumpkin knew theirs sucked so they hurried and whisked it away before the judge could get a better look at it and change his mind.

and here is the glorious third place winner. i know a kindergartener could have carved that just as well, but look at that creativity and presentation. genius!

our cinderella waving gracefully from her carriage

and here are kit heather and i with our creation.

and finally, tiny kit, heather and i with our tiny creation ( not sure why this picture is so small).

i think we all know who the real winners should have been but i was a good sport. this shouldn't surpise you .

5 comments:

Joy said...

A Princess Pumpkin!

That's a cool pumpkin Meg.

J said...

Definitely the best pumpkin I've seen this season! Very clever my friend...very clever!

aniC said...

heeeey...its not my fault i havent delivered yet. i told you to get me your address. just send me an email. its my first and last name (old or new last name) @gmail. and you will get your awesome prize.

Dani said...

Cinderella's pumpkin is A.W.E.S.O.M.E

M to the E to the R to the I said...

Your pumpkin carving skills amaze me! I love you and miss you! and NO I am not prego. Call me.