Monday, February 4, 2008

gala or gayla?

this shouldn't surprise you but the other day ago (thank you linnea), my work had a winter gala. instead of having a huge christmas party, we have lots of small ones and then we have a winter gala in january so there is always one more party to look forward to. smart eh? well last year, i opted not to attend and all year i caught grief for it. so this year i went and i took a hot date. our gala was held in the westin hotel. my coworker adam and his wife carla got a room in the westin with a sweet view and we met friends up there to pre-party. mark and i had sparkling cider (wasnt that nice of them?). then we all went down to the gala together so we could have a table together.
here are the men folk in the room: back row: josh, rich, mark, simon, paul, adam and adam (kneeling).here are some of the ladies: michaela, kit, jessica, me and tiffany tearing up the dance floor.

my hot date. this is the raw meat that michaela ate.so gross looking. i am glad kit took a picture. the rest of the food was very good.
here is me doing the sprinkler. i am a horrible dancer and i was forced onto the floor against my will and bad things ensued!!! i can do a mean electric lslide thanks to my 8th grade gym teacher mrs. rupper. it was a fun night with great company and free food. way to go employer! (and enrichment committee-go kit and josh!!!)

5 comments:

M. Elle Ehrlich said...

You look great in your dress! Hurray for you not wearing boring clothes.

Anna Linnea said...

I had to think really hard why you were thanking me in the first line of your blog. Very funny! I still catch myself saying that, so to read it didn't seem weird at all. At Josh's Christmas party a few weeks ago they had a dance floor where people could dance and the electric slide came on. Can you believe I was the only one in the room who knew how to do it? Oh 8th grade was useful after all. You look beautiful!

Marnae said...

You absolutely know how to dance. Best dancer ever. I think you look beautiful and sexy and fun and fabulous and smart and kind and glorious and lovely and of good report.

Joy said...

Awesome. I never actually got to see you in the dress so I'm glad you posted the pictures. You look gorgeous, and looks like it was a great time. Very nice!

J said...

Listen, I've seen you dance...you have mad skills my friend! You look stunning and your dress is gorgeous!