Tuesday, February 19, 2008

my funny valentine


this shouldn't surprise you but my beau totally surprised me on valentine's day. he told me to get off work early and that is all i got. i had no idea where we were going or what was on the agenda. so he picked me up from work and we drove into the city. we went to an indian restaurant called rasika. it was a four course meal and it was yummy! we had chocolate shrimp (seriously good) and this cripsy salad stuff and some lamb and paneer and curry. the dining experience took a long time and so we were afraid we were going to be late for our next surprise activity. we had one bite of our desserts and hopped on the metro and headed to the george washington university lisner auditorium to the flamenco festival. it was so cool. there was some loud singing and some sweet dancing and and some AMAZING guitar playing. serious talent. i wish you could have seen and heard how fast those fingers were moving on the guitar and how fast those feet were flying on the stage.
mark is a good date and a good planner. he was the best valentine i have had. after the concert, we came home and had a valentine cuddle and then he went home and i went to bed. i was tuckered out from the romantic festivities. also my valentine flowers are still alive and blooming and gorgeous. what a guy.


5 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

What a guy! I bet you were so surprised!!!

J said...

Yay! I'm glad it was such a good night! And you were shocked I'm sure...probably thought the flowers were the end of it but the surprises kept on coming! He keeps you on your toes!

Joy said...

Mark did well. Sounds like a great night!

Anonymous said...

Mark needs to give Steve a few lessons in the romance dept. He is apparently "off the hook" with his charm!!! BTW-- thanks for your 'love of me'. It made my day!!!

Marnae said...

Mark and Megan sittin' in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G.....You know the rest of the song. He is awesome. You are too.