Saturday, September 20, 2008

i am finished!

this shouldn't surprise you but i finished the birdie sling!!! (i became semi obsessed with it's completion) it turned out pretty nice. there are a few things that i could improve on but I DID IT!!!! and i did it alone without handing it to my mom and having her do the hard parts and me sew the straight lines. i did have to call her quite a bit though. anyway, here are some pics! also i never finish projects so this is a big deal and also i have not sewed (sewn?) since high school and i can not follow patterns very well but this one worked out for me and i made pleats and gussets and i have no idea what a gusset really is!! (well kind of now i do but.... still!)

one sidethe insidethe other side (i know they are the same but i MADE this!!) call me martha. and i mean washington not stewart because i bet she was crafty too.

15 comments:

Alexis said...

That turned out so cute! I am so impressed! I wish I knew how to sew.

Jenny said...

I am in love with it all!! The handcrafted bag, the home, and of course Clementine....

Also, how come people didn't take the candy sticks...I should've taken one for each of us...dangit

We love you the house seems awesome. Hope you are having fun up there. Loves and Kisses JLĂ– and her 2.6 boys

jessica said...

That is so cute! I've been meaning to sew a bag. My sewing skills are lacking but I'm willing to experiment and inevitably screw up. Amy Butler fabric?

ArringtonZoo said...

So cute. What's all this about not being able to sew? Come one Meg, we rocked Mrs. Moes sewing world.

Mauri said...

Sew cute!!! I'll have you know that I made an apron the other day, and I did it myself too.

Holly said...

Good Job Megan! I love it! I just went to a boutique yesterday and fell in love with everything there but decided I could probably make most of it on my own... but will I actually ever do it? So I decided today to take a sewing class so I can be more crafty. You have further inspired me. I want a birdie sling! that looks hard to do . You are AMAZING!

Jessica said...

Adorable! You could start a little business from your home. I'll buy!

Anna Linnea said...

I am SOOOO impressed! Especially since I took sewing in 11th (?) grade with you and know how far you have come! WOW! Put me on that b-day list!

Marnae said...

way to go you. berry berry cute.

Dkole said...

Damn that is cutee!

Robyn said...

I'm so proud of you. I tried to take up sewing last year. Let's just say there are no pictures of that project on my blog. Glad it worked out for you!!

Darci said...

so cute!!!!!

Elle said...

So what will it cost me to have a Megan-crafted bag for me? I am in love with it (please don't tell Mat, he thinks he is my only love)
~M

kj said...

I love you little bag--it is so cute. I am happy-I can write to everyone now. Your reception was so beautiful. It was so great to see all of you. I just think the world of you, always have. love ya.

Tyler and Emily said...

So glad my secret is out...I feel so much better. Congrats on getting married!!