Friday, December 12, 2008

crapload

were you wondering how my day is going? oh thanks for asking. it sucks. here is why. i feel like crap and i have a nyquil hangover. also here is the best part. i was leaving for work this morning and i was carrying a pumpkin (already embarrassing). i was carrying the pumpkin to the garbage can and also my work bag. also i had on slippers. because they look like shoes and they make me feel cozy at work. (don't judge, they look like shoes!) so unbeknownst to me, jack freaking frost decided to come last night and make things all icy. well in his trickery, it just looked wet. so i went down the stairs paying no heed to their treacherousness. well of course i fell ALL the way down them and of course the pumpkin flew out of my hands and all the contents of my bag. and of course someone just happened to be walking by my house right then at 8 in the fricking morning and had a front row view. typical. i just sat on the bottom step in pain and embarrassment and then finally got up just as mark approached the scene of the accident. he laughed. he will regret that later. oh how my butt is so sore! so sore. there is going to be a huge bruise and you better believe i am going to blog the picture of it. i need sympathy people. then i got to work where i could really use on e of those inflatable donuts to sit on and realize that i have forgotten my phone and brought the wrong lunch. best. day. ever. good thing my laughy husband felt bad for me and remedied the forgotten things. what a guy, he would be almost perfect except for his penchant for laughing at me all the time. sigh. woe is me. woe is my bum.

7 comments:

Alexis said...

That sounds like something that would happen to me! I'm sorry you had a bad day! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for you.:)

Marnae said...

You just need to get on with Christmas vacation and everything will be better. Just come home already. I swear I won't laugh at you, except if you are telling a joke.

Julie said...

i'm sorry you had a bad day, but you make me laugh so much when I (in caps) am having a bad day! You are the cutest damn thing ever. I miss your face.

Jenny said...

How's the bruise? Did he bring you a Dr Pepper to make it better? I just read pg 49 of the ol' Ensign...I am waiting to contemplate it until I have savored my Dr Peppers made with pure cane sugar...(my sis lives in Waco, TX near the DP Museum)

YOUR ARTWORK...even if a Kindergartener could make it...they ROCK!! I love birds..If I was preggie with a girl I would have done something similar. Your HOME IS LOVELY. You have done a fab job decorating.

MARK no laughing when she falls...NO NO NO!! I did love the ode to Mark post. I should do more for my beloved.

You are the coolest

Ben Smith said...

I'm sorry to hear that you got hurt,that sux. I broke my coxix once and I couldn't sit on any hard chairs in church for a year! Ask Mark he'll remember that. He used to laugh at me all the time for it.
However, I dont think you can blame Mark for laughing. I laughed and I didn't even see the scene of the crime. The only way it would have been funnier is if the punking had landed on your head, broken and you ended up with a pumpkin mask. Now that would be Hiliarous!

Kate said...

Hahaha, I am really glad that happened to you. Only because it has brightened my nightmare day of studying. I'm not glad that it didn't brighten your day though, sorry.

Ps. could you tell Ben not to say Coccyx, tailbone would be fine.

JD said...

i was shown a picture of mark and it was horrifying.

nyquil hangovers suck.