Thursday, December 4, 2008

a scroungy home is coming along

ok, i have done a few more projects around the house and so of course i need some opinions. please try not to be too harsh because most of them i like. here is our bed before. i liked this bed but the blues were really hard to find anything to match with so i changed them.......to this. what do you think? the whole time i was thinking of my friend darci who is not a fan of red and thinking she would hate this! but i like it and it made a lot more things possible.
there is a slight problem, the curtains look like bandannas (thank you matt) but i sort of accidentally miscalculated the amount of fabric i ordered. oops! so bandannas it is. sigh. oh well they still look better than boring windows. (sort of)
this little lovely is in a frame and a collage that for some reason i didn't get a picture of. oh well. these were my valentine cards last year and i loved them.

i was reading on a diy website to use ceiling rosettes as wall art. well i couldn't really find rosettes but i found ceiling tiles and they were 100% free!!! also they are big and make a blank wall not blank anymore. since we are poor, i have to make up my own wall hangings. frustrates me to no end since i lack the creativity gene.
this next homemade wall art is a collage of some of our many wedding cards. i thought it was a fun idea but maybe you might think it lame. not quite as cool as i had hoped but at least no more blank walls in the bedroom. i do not heart blank walls.
we got this huge vase for 2 dollars at a garage sale and it has been sitting empty for months so i bought some flowers and such at pier 1 and went to town. flower arranger i am not but oh well.
painted our star red. it was yellow before. also here is some of
matt's photography from thailand.
and here is our pioneer quilt. just so you know how pioneer like i am. this is the ohio star pattern and my childhood neighborhood made it for us for our wedding. pretty. and so warm. so that is our new bedroom. now i will show you some "art " projects i made that are totally embarrassing and many of your pre-k children could have made them.

for the dining room. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and for the living room (oh the shame). where did i get the idea i could decorate. (an emoticon who is giggling at herself while shrigging her shoulders and putting her hands up.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your version of scroungy. very pretty.

jessica said...

you're cute and you're house is REALLY cute! way to go on the bargains... yard sales and free? That's the way to go.

Deon said...

"Lack the creativity gene"? What are you talking about?? You are a creative genius.

Lori said...

First off I LOVE red!! (sorry to the friend who doesn't) Secondly what do you mean you don't have creativity gene? Maybe you really are a stoner - crazy girl! I love your style and inventions. Love the ceiling tile idea! Right now our family room is all family pictures - I think it looks like a photo studio gallery, it needs help. But then I was like, well we're only going to be here another year and half (lazy!). Also I love the collage of wedding cards. Stop being hard on yourself - it looks fabulous :) the end

M. Elle Ehrlich said...

I think it's quite lovely.

Jessica said...

i love it, but my entire bedroom is browns, reds and yellows... i think i would raise the stuff above the headboard a little. love the ceiling tiles, i've seen that before. you are still super creative.

elisha said...

Oh dear Megan. This is your long lost DR friend: Elisha. I found your blog through Janelle and I am so glad I did because your pioneer tomato soup blog made me laugh so hard I was crying. I sure do miss you. Also, I love your room. I actually was trying to find sealing decorations just like that for my room as well. You are so creative and I sure hope we can be friends again. Maybe cyber friends! You can check out my blog. It is not near as fun as yours though. Just go to Janelle's and click on mine! Hope to keep in touch little lady!

Marnae said...

First, shut the hell up and realize that you are perfect in every possible way, decorating included.
Second, I am sorry for swearing. Third, I heart you.

Dkole said...

I think you are fab and so is your house. Maybe you could teach me some tricks when you get here. I miss you and I heart you!