Thursday, August 16, 2007

invisible children

this shouldn't surprise you but a few months ago some friends and i took part in a peace demonstration. it was for the displaced people in uganda. we hauled our sleeping gear onto the national mall and slept under the washington monument in the name of peace. it was cool. so for this movement, they sell these bracelets made by people in the camps to profit children affected by the war.
anyway, i thought they were cool and a few days ago, mark surprised me with one that he had ordered months ago and it finally came. hurrah. i am all about fashionably supporting children. i am also all about unfashionably supporting children.

here is a small video about the event.



1 comment:

ArringtonZoo said...

Sweet. I wish I could have been there. Having seen Haiti, I just wish that I could do somthing more.

Shelb