Thursday, August 30, 2007

opposite day

this shouldn't surprise you but i am not fashion forward at all. most of the days of my life, i look like a complete scrounge. well i am trying to be better about that but well, i am not so good. anyway, i bought a new pair of shoes at target the other day (because i am cheap) well they were a little tight in the toes so this morning i brought a pair of socks to work and wetted them down and put them on with my new high fashion shoes and shoved my feet under my desk to avoid potential embarrassment. but of course i had to show them to my work friends for a good laugh. most people laughed except for mo who said, "come on megan, that is really ugly." i laughed a lot and then i took his picture while he was posing all cool with my rubber band ball that i once made here at work.
ps. if these shoes are ugly, can someone please help a girl out and tell her. not darin, please.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

my darling little meggie poo...you are finally coming around to my world! i think your shoes are cute, although the wicked witch of the west look isn't the most appealing...

wait a minute...i think that look is in now. sheesh. i can't keep up. but seriously. cute. :)

ps...they will feel tight in the toes every single time you wear them. that is the beauty of high fashion. always sexy. always cutting-edge. always painful...

Mauri said...

You can't be serious! Why on earth would you get the socks wet? You are one silly girl.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i was wondering that too. why the wetting down of the socks?

mo is funny.

Dkole said...

I love your sexy legs!!!

Darin said...

What the hell is that last line supposed to mean?

J said...

Hahaha...dear Megs your sock/shoe combo is ALMOST as bad as me wearing two different shoes...except at least mine was an accident! :) Ummm...and I am wondering why the wetting of the socks as well? Seems to me that wetting them down would create more friction. PS I think your shoes are cute...sans the socks! But...if they are going to hurt every time you wear them you just need to ask yourself if it's really worth it!

Marnae said...

People the wetting of the socks helps the leather to stretch so they can more adequately adapt to the contours of your feet. SHEESH! ps they are very attractive and stylish and I too love your legs

Anonymous said...

marnae and meg and i must think along the same wavelengths...because i, too, knew the reason for the wetting.

probably because i wear shoes like that all the time. the best is when you get caught in a rain storm in the smiths marketplace parking lot in heels and your friends run for cover and you can't because your shoes are simultaneously filling with water and stretching out and therefore falling off...

ArringtonZoo said...

Come on people, everyone knows that one is supposed to use rubbing alcohol to do the trick. O.k. so that's what the lady at the mall said anyway. I tried it on my simples and it worked simply fabulous. In fact it was quite simple. Love the shoes, love the hair, love the bag. Love it.

Shelby